This posting is for my good friend in Bangalore, pretty Preety!! Her name is Preety and she is very pretty!! Love to call her that! When I began this blog, Preety wanted a recipe for Walnut cake and am sure she must have got fed up waiting for one. Now here's the best part...
I have reached a stage where I have begun experimenting with baking, with no help from recipe books. I am proud to say that the end result turns out delicious as ever. I thought it fitting to name this cake after me...:-) Here goes the ingredients which I have measured carefully and noted down.
- 250 gm self raising flour(maida)
- 100 gm cocoa powder
- 250 gm sugar
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 200 gms walnuts
- 200 gms butter
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Sieve flour, cocoa and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Grind walnuts to a coarse powder.
- Beat eggs and sugar together till fluffy.
- Add butter and continue beating.
- Now slowly add the sieved flour little at a time and continue beating and mix well.
- Finally add the ground walnuts to the batter and mix well.
- Grease a baking tray and pre heat oven to 160 deg.
- Pour batter into the tray and bake for an hour or until the cake is done(to test, poke a knife into the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Once the cake is cool, dust it with powdered sugar and serve with tea or coffee.
P.S :- Didn't go for a fancy photograph of the cake, since my daughter declared that all the cakes look the same. So, that's my presentation for the day!!