Friday, March 5, 2010

Banana Choco-Almond Muffins.


The past week, we have been experiencing glorious sunshine. The temperature was still cold, nevertheless the bright rays were enough to uplift my spirits and warm my heart. To complement with this feeling, the urge to try something different arose. My children always have asked me to bake muffins for them, a treat I always bring from the bakers, never tried at home.  The first thing I did was purchase a muffin tray.


The ingredients that went into my muffins were as follows :-

  • 350 gms flour
  • 250 gms sugar
  • 250 gms butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 bananas
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup choco chips
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Sieve the four, baking powder together and keep aside. Beat egg whites till fluffy, then add yolks and beat well. Add butter and sugar to the egg and continue beating. To the above mixture, keep adding sieved flour and beat. When done, add chopped bananas, choco chips and almonds. Mix well together.Preheat oven to 160 deg. Pour batter into the muffin tray and bake for 45 minutes or until done. Serve with tea or coffee!!




For a first timer, they didn't turn out all that bad!!!!!!!!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment