Monday, February 22, 2010

Strawberries in Chocolate Sauce!!!

I know Valentines day is over, but I couldn't resist myself from buying these succulent strawberries at the market. Having read a lot about the health benefits of chocolate, it being considered a food of love and having seen umpteen pictures of strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce, I decided to get into action and surprise not only my loved one but also the little ones!!!!


                To make the sauce, take 200 gm cream and 100 gm sugar in a vessel and gently bring it to boil, stirring continuously. In a separate steel pan, take 500gm of bitter sweet chocolate broken into pieces. Pour the boiling cream onto the chocolate and keep stirring continuously till a thick sauce is formed. I also added a tsp of liquor(Grand Marnier) which otherwise is optional. The above sauce can be kept for 2 weeks in a refrigerator. Reheat over simmering water before serving. Enjoy and a BELATED VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment